Thursday, March 02, 2006

Here's Omar

Hidalgo County's highest-ranking telecommuter, District Clerk Omar Guerrero, emerges from his secret hideout to chat with NewsChannel 5 (which "checked Omar Guerrero’s office six times in recent weeks and only found him in the office once").

Guerrero doesn't say too much about his arrest last fall on marijuana and DWI charges, because the case is still looming. He does, however, apologize:
"But I can tell you I am sorry for my bad judgment. And that I'm sorry to the people of Hidalgo county,” he said.
So the district clerk earns some respect for his apology. He then goes on to say that the bank suing him for failing to repay a loan is financing and endorsing his opponent's campaign. Make of that what you will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Writer said...

He was on KURV this morning against Laura Hinojosa and Robert Mendoza. I hear that there were some good jabs at Laura, but she took the high road. He kept pointing out that she has kept her maiden name. I wanted to listen, but had Stats II class.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home