Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I'm Ba-aack!

Sorry to go three weeks without an update to this blog, but law school finals tend to keep one busy. Yeah, I finished on Friday, but after five exams in two weeks I needed a few days of doing nothing.

I actually caught a movie in the theater for the first time since January. I saw Thank You For Smoking, a pretty funny satire about a guy who's the spokesman for Big Tobacco.

One thing I noticed that kind of bothered me: the movie's about the cigarette industry, but nowhere in the film does it depict people lighting up. In fact, the protagonist is supposed to be a smoker, but I couldn't even tell until the almost end of the movie. Considering that the movie makes a big statement about personal choice, it's kind of depressing that Thank You For Smoking bends to calls for self-censorship when it comes to showing smoking on screen.

Anyway, it's great to be back!

3 Comments:

Blogger Writer said...

It's good to have you back. I look forward to your posts.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Mack T. Harrison said...

Thanks, Shaine! I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog, and I enjoy your work as well.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We have missed your observations on the world. Keep it coming, those darn books aren't going anywhere.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home